I seem to have simply forgotten about the existence of this blog..so many things have happened in the last few months. Truly life changing events! In Oprah's words I might call it "Life-Defining Moments". I haven't had the time to update my blog. Apologies to my readers (if any). I have been too saturated reading pages and pages of unedited news articles at work and by the time I come home, I am in no mood to read or write anything. So exhausted! Today, however, I am in the mood to share my thoughts and experiences over the few months.
The new year has not begun with a bang as was beseiged with family issues. A close relative fell ill and was hospitalised. So a few days were spent in the hospital. Later, I was absorbed in my own personal issues which I will elaborate later in my autobiography// (Do not want to spoil the suspense too soon). Work has been crazy.. Personally I was shattered but professionally its been my best till now. A bonus coupled with a raise made its way to the account. A couple of offers too made its presence felt but things didnt fall into place so was rejected.
I have stopped working from home and am back at the office which seems to be more colourful with the addition of two new reporters. I had to bid goodbye to one of my closest colleagues because she has been transferred to our Hong Kong division. Hoping that lady luck is favourable to me as well..Would be interesting to move to a new city, especially Hong Kong, which like Mumbai has assimilated so many cultures into itself. The city also boasts of an excellent public transport system, the metro and the trams. Besides, it is perfectly safe at night. I was put up at Hollywood Central, the poshest part of the island. The area has many restaurants and bars which are full on the weekends. I have seen less of the locals frequenting these places but most of the customers are expats who are in Hong Kong or tourists. I was fortunate enough to visit a couple of places one of which served Mexican food called Carumba! and Japanese food named Doozo. I enjoyed the sushis and makis they served. Simply amazing! (www.sushinow.com).

No comments:
Post a Comment